Saturday, December 20, 2008

We saw the real Santa Claus!!!!


Seriously we did. Usually when it's time to visit Santa, we go to the mall. Over the years, our visits have greatly varied. There was the one who was grumpy. The one who looked like a hobo. the one who hurried us to just take a picture and leave. The one who promised everyone iPods, a trampoline, and go carts...all in the same year. (of course that didn't happen) We've had a few good ones too, but the one we saw this year was the real thing.
An all time first, we visited Santa at The Bass Pro Shop at Concord Mills. Call us rednecks :) we don't mind. It was so fun. If you've never gone to BPS (Bass Pro Shop), it's quite an experience in itself. Everything you ever needed for deer huntin', boatin', fishin', nature....it's all there. We are NOT the outdoorsy type at all, but after visiting, I kinda want to be!
In all honesty, we were expecting a redneck Santa. This Santa met and even surpassed our expectations of any Santa ever. He was jolly. His beard was real. He was kind. He was funny. There was no rush, each family got all the time they needed with Santa. He talked to the boys about treating their sister kindly. And best of all...are you ready for this? He asked the kids if they knew whose birthday we were celebrating on Christmas. I have never known a Santa to talk about Jesus! Here's some pictures to help tell the story:
The Taylor kids arrive at Bass Pro Shop: Outdoor World.


Before seeing Santa, Hayden gives target shooting a try.


Here are the kids with Santa Claus. Blake, Santa, Hayley Grace, Hayden, and Dylan.

Santa and Hayley Grace bonded. He told her brothers they better take care of her. The he said, "Do you know whose birthday we are celebrating on Christmas?" She said, "Yes, Jesus." And Santa replied, "That's right. Don't forget it's not all about the presents. It's Jesus' birthday and that's why we have Christmas. Do you know where Jesus was born?" And HG said, "A stable." (I think he was expecting "Bethlehem" to be the answer) He chuckled and said, "That's right!"

In all my years seeing Santa, I have never had one talk about Jesus. We just loved him.

As if all this wasn't enough, we also got a FREE picture!!! That's right, free. Didn't cost a dime. Plus we got to take as many as we wanted. The first picture in this post is the free one they gave us.

Merry Christmas! I hope as you are busy these last few days before, you are able to take the time and remember what this holiday is all about, just like Santa did. I pray you and your families and friends have a wonderful week. Share lots of love and happiness!

Love and Blessings,

Melissa

5 comments:

Joyful said...

Seeing Hayden in shorts and all your children in t-shirts made me smile! We're in turtleneck sweaters and woolies here!!! HAHAHA!

LOVED all your pictures! All BPS stores must look the same, because it looks identical to ours!

The Santa you had was AMAZING! I've NEVER heard of a Santa that actually talked about Jesus!!! We even know an elderly gentleman who looks like the real Santa, and is a believer, but we never once heard him mention Jesus in all the years our son visited him at Christmas. I believe it was probably part of the hiring restrictions. Way to go Santa!!! I love this guy too!!!!!

Great to see you as a brunnette Melissa! You look wonderful!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog this morning! I love you tons and hope you have a very blessed Christmas.

Love, hugs and prayers,
Joy

Ben & Bobbi said...

So nice to hear your Santa story....have a Merry Christmas!

Charlene Kidd said...

Melissa,
I love it. I will have to go to BPS myself. As for your question to me; Ryan was trying to make Nachos in the toaster oven. I ended up getting a Hamilton Beach on that toaster slots on top. So far it is working well. Ryan is currently banned from it though!!!
Merry Christmas my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa,

I loved hearing about your visit with the real Santa. I have seen the real Santa twice in my life. Once when I was a child. It was awesome he knew our names and things about us. Then about 10 years ago I took my children to see Santa at the mall and he was there! I know that both times it was the real Santa! It's something to always remember!

yanmaneee said...

jordan 12
balenciaga shoes
nike vapormax
supreme clothing
balenciaga shoes
christian louboutin outlet
yeezy
christian louboutin shoes
mbt shoes
yeezy