Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love, Jesus

It is the most amazing love story.

In January my daughter was playing outside. I was inside sitting on the couch, exhausted from a hard day. Suddenly she busted through the front door shouting, "Mommy Mommy, you got flowers from Jesus!" She was carrying a box. There was no name on it. I asked her how she knew they were from Jesus. She said, "the lady who dropped them off told me so." I opened the box and there were 16 beautiful roses...a red/pink color...absolutely gorgeous. The card that accompanied the flowers said: You are loved, appreciated, and much more beautiful than all the flowers in the world.----Love, Jesus

I began to get tears in my eyes. I can't recall a time when I received flowers by delivery. Usually if I get flowers it's because it's my anniversary or something like that. And I've never received flowers from Jesus before. My heart was so incredibly warmed to think that someone would do this for me.

Yesterday, I had a similar experience. I went to the mail box and there was a card for me. Inside there was a note that read: Dear Melissa, Don't worry! I've got everything under control. Love Always, Jesus.

Again, I was overwhelmed with emotion. I wasn't expecting this. My life has been running fairly smooth lately. I haven't been worried or stressed out. Who is behind my Jesus notes?

I got a call from my mom last night. She was crying. She was very upset. She had a biopsy done and more cancer was found. Totally different than the lung cancer she already has. I felt like my heart was going to stop. There didn't seem to be enough air in the room to breath. Why? Why does she have more cancer now? I don't know how to handle this. My mom is so young.

Sitting beside the phone was the note I'd received that day in the mail. "Don't worry! I've got everything under control." Amazing. Just when I needed it, I had it. The love of my life took care of me. And through some divine intervention, Jesus sent me the words I needed before I would actually need them.

No one on this earth could do that. My husband was so sweet and did his best to comfort me. But it was the words of Jesus that brought me comfort last night.

The greatest love story ever told should be the love story between me and Jesus.....you and Jesus. I don't think I could get through life without Him. I know I couldn't.

Not only does Jesus love us, but He sees us and He knows everything we go through. He cares. And He has everything under control.

Now that's an amazing love!


Much Love,

Melissa

****Thank you so much for all of the comments on the last 2 posts. I'm being encouraged through your comments! I've been busy responding to the many emails that came in after my devo last week. So many women share the same struggles in marriage. Hang in there! Choose to love! Just don't give up hope.

9 comments:

Angie said...

I have been amazed at Gods timing in my life lately. There is not one day that goes by, that a devotion or personal blog touches me in some way. A constant tugging at my heart and soul. Your words today were another tapping on my shoulder...just when I needed it. "Don't worry, I've got everything under cover".

Cheri Bunch said...

How beautiful!
Thank you for sharing this inspirational post. I continue to pray for your mom.......and you....

Love you, Melissa!

Cheri

Joyful said...

He does love you...and me...but these reminders are so personal and so amazingly precious.

Continuing to pray for you and your mom. My dad has his cancer surgery on Tuesday and we'll find out then what lies ahead.

Journeying alongside you and sending love, prayers and hugs,
Joy

Julie said...

Sending prayer and love your way!

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with everyone, here. It is a great reminder of how he does know what we need even before we do!

Blessings,
Julie

Sandy in Holiday,FL said...

Once when I was a young girl, very insecure, feeling very out of place I received an anonymous box of Valentine candy. I never knew who sent it. I believe now it was Jesus, He just didn't sign His Name! Thank you, Melissa for sharing your heart and I will be praying for your mom's healing.

Chef Diane said...

Melissa,

Still praying for your mom. The Lord knows his plans and his timing is divine intervention is astounding.
Also you and your family are covered in prayer as well.
I think that love dare thing is kicking in well. He is a major keeper.
Hugs, Diane

JottinMama said...

What an awesome love story!

Thanks so much for sharing. I have already prayed for your precious mother.

Feeling loved, too
- Kate :)

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

This so much reminds me of the verse I am learning this month....Isaiah 54: 24..."And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking I will hear."

God bless you,
Marilyn

Roxanne said...

Precious. Melissa. Thank you for sharing your struggles and your Jesus stories. He will use them both for our good and His glory! Go God!!!